Please tell YOUR vegan story so others may benefit from your experience.
First off, do not be intimidated or constrained by the following questions we provide them in the hopes they will spark ideas. Feel free to tell us what you would like folks to know. You can answer the questions "interview" style, weave them into an essay OR ignore them completely. You can even make video if that's what floats your boat. It's YOUR story... tell it in a way that makes you happy!
- What does "vegan" mean to you?
- How long have you been vegan?
- What first inspired you to go vegan?
- Tell us about your vegan journey. What was the transition to veganism like?
- What resources (people, books, blogs, films, etc.) helped you with your transition to veganism?
- Were your friends & family supportive of your choice to go vegan?
If they were not, how did you cope with that?
Are they supportive now?
- What do you love about being vegan?
- What inspires you to stay vegan?
- What challenges you as a vegan?
- Are you a vegan activist? If yes, what form does that take?
- What is your favorite vegan food or recipe. (Feel free to describe it, share the actual recipe, tell us the restaurant where it's served, send a picture. Whatever you like.)
- What advice would you give to new or wanna'be vegans?
- What gives you hope for the future?
Please provide links to your website (if applicable), your main social media account, and to any resources you site in your submission.
Social Media Link:
Your Email Address: (Will NOT be published)
Please include 1 to 3 pictures of yourself (they should be at least 600×600 pixels). They can be of you alone, you family and friends enjoying vegan food, you with animals (because it’s a well-known fact that every vegan loves to take pictures with animals), you cooking vegan food, you involved in some form of vegan activism, or just a picture of your lovely face.
Please email your vegan story using the subject Line "My Vegan Story + YOUR NAME" to ShellyB AT VeganBanana dot com
The Fine Print...
Ok, here's some important stuff you should know before submitting your work to us (or anyone else for that matter). If your story is accepted for publication we'll give it a once over for spelling and such. Format it to fit our site and publish it.
Your "My Vegan Story" post will be on our blogs main page for one day then be archived by date published in the "My Vegan Story" category of the site. We will promote your post via all our usual social media accounts for the full week after it's publication to get it maximum exposure, just like we do all our posts 🙂
We reserve the right to refuse any submission we don't think is right for the VeganBanana.
You retain copyright to and responsibility for your submission. Which means you own your work and don't submit stuff that isn't yours! By submitting work for publication to our site you are giving us the right to display or publish such content on our site, to store such content, to distribute such content and use such content for promotional and marketing purposes.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to CONTACT US.
Please Share This "Your Vegan Story" Questionnaire With Your Vegan Friends! Thanks 🙂